An overview of the information required to begin a Historical Weather Forecast data sample evaluation.
How to configure your Historical Forecast data experience:
- What is your use case?
- Please provide a few sentences about how your application will use Spire Weather Forecast data. This will help us guide you towards the best data experience.
- What is your success criteria?
- Please provide a few sentences about what you are looking for while evaluating the data. What is required for your data experience to be considered a success? Please feel free to distinguish between "need-to-have" criteria and "nice-to-have" criteria as well.
- What is the historical date range of interest?
- Which weather data variables would you like to look at?
- Which forecast ranges would you like to evaluate?
- Short range: 48 hour forecast with hourly updates
- Medium range: 5 day forecast with 3-hourly updates
- Extended range: 10 day forecast with 6-hourly updates
- 10 day forecasts are available from September 2020 onwards
- Which daily forecast issuances would you like to be included?
- Available issuances: 00:00, 06:00, 12:00, 18:00 (UTC)
- What is your area of interest for the study?
- A formal definition in GeoJSON is preferred. You can use http://geojson.io/ to draw an area. Other standard geographical formats are acceptable as well if you prefer to use another format (e.g. Shapefile)